Interns are an important part of the JSH&A team and we’re always looking for top talent. Our 12-week program is designed to enhance your PR skills with hands-on account work. If you’re hardworking, creative and love PR as much as we do, fill out the form on our Contact Us page and send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Internship Job Description
An intern should be a communications and public relations student who is interested in gaining experience in an agency environment. An intern supports multiple account teams while learning a broad variety of tasks.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written program materials, coordinating events, maintaining media contact and performing projects independently and with others.
- Assists outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences.
- Interfaces with others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner.
- Is gaining knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company.
- Pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the account, team and agency.
- Assists with drafting simple documents such as fact sheets, memos, case histories and collateral materials.
- Assists in archiving media clips and developing / updating media lists.
- Is learning to implement events such as press conferences, media briefings, media tours, third-party advocacy, etc.
- Is beginning to learn internal and external research capabilities and prepare in-depth analyses.
- Is building a working knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities.
- Pays great attention to detail – proofreading, grammar, concise client reports.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve, increasing his or her value to the agency and to clients.
Financial / Administrative
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manages time for optimum productivity and billability.