Alexia Foods: “Reinvent a Classic II”
Alexia Foods, a line of all-natural frozen potatoes, breads and side dishes, built on the momentum from its “Reinvent a Classic” campaign in 2011 to launch a second campaign to engage fans and top food bloggers through a new, reinvented flavor selection housed on the brand’s Facebook page. The brand recruited a group of top food bloggers to develop recipes for a new “reinvented” french fry flavor and then gave consumers a chance to have their culinary opinions heard by voting for the flavor they would most like to see in stores.
The result was more than double the fan engagement and votes from the first campaign and more than 100,000 new Facebook fans to the Alexia page. This unique crowdsourcing campaign was supported by a strategic partnership with Chef Tyler Florence and an aggressive traditional and social media bureau that resulted in nearly 37 million total media impressions, further extending the brand’s reach and awareness while also engaging core consumers in a meaningful, authentic way.
- Build upon the first “Reinvent a Classic” campaign to further increase online engagement through a chance to determine the next Alexia fry flavor in stores.
- Build a network of brand ambassadors by creating strategic partnerships with influential food bloggers to tap into their extensive networks and reach Alexia’s core consumer.
- Leverage the Alexia Facebook community and brand loyalists to spread the news about the program and in turn recruit more fans/voters.
- Partner with Chef Tyler Florence as spokesperson to give Alexia a credible, recognizable endorsement, leverage his fans to generate additional buzz and provide unique content for the brand (recipes, tips).
- Launch a comprehensive media relations campaign targeting both traditional and social media.
- Saw 325% increase in total votes for “Reinvent a Classic” II year-over-year
- More than doubled the Alexia Foods Facebook fan base during the campaign voting period (Nov ’11-March ‘12)
- 138% increase in total program media impressions year-over-year