Global Launch: McDonald’s® “Shrek the Third” Happy Meal
McDonald’s hosted a global press conference to launch the company’s worldwide Happy Meal promotion of “Shrek The Third™,” its first collaboration with DreamWorks Animation. The multi-faceted initiative featured McDonald’s largest promotion ever of fruits and vegetables, the evolution of Happy Meal choices and the debut of an engaging children’s Web site. JSH&A coordinated the global media event and secured widespread coverage and commentary reflecting McDonald’s key messages and strategic intent to showcase the company’s responsible approach to children’s marketing.
- Leverage the company’s ogre-sized partnerships to generate media interest and secure coverage
- Associate Shrek’s green-ness with McDonald’s healthy choices and action-packed Web site encouraging kids to “go green”
- The announcement garnered more than 149 million media impressions around the world and increased positive McDonald’s messages by 45 percent
- International placements such as Reuters (UK and India), Tranche (France), The Vancouver Sun (Canada) and Journal do Brasil (Argentina)
- More than 260 broadcast segments including CNN, CNBC, “Fox & Friends,” “CBS Evening News,” Bloomberg and NPR
- Widespread print coverage including USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Associated Press and Ad Age