Hershey’®s Kisses® Chocolates 100th Anniversary
Hershey®’s Kisses® Brand Chocolates turned 100 years old in 2007, and The Hershey Company invited consumers nationwide to Kiss Someone® as part of the yearlong celebration. JSH&A worked with The Hershey Company to celebrate the brand’s milestone and garner awareness by leveraging the brand’s equity and planned marketing elements.
The exciting campaign included:
- January: The unveiling of a United States Postal Service® With Love and Kisses stamp featuring the silver-wrapped icon and encouraging consumers to connect with a Kiss
- February: The announcement of the Kiss Someone® “Share, Match and Win” promotion offering consumers a chance to win $100 million
- July: The unveiling of the Guinness “World’s Largest Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate” at a 7/7/07 birthday party hosted in Hershey, Pa.
- November: The culmination of the “Share, Match and Win” promotion on “Deal or No Deal”
- Establish partnership with USPS to create With Love and Kisses stamp to formally announce the brand’s 100th anniversary
- Distribute Hershey’s Kisses Brand Chocolates to media nationwide announcing “Share, Match and Win” promotion and new flavors
- Host consumer, employee and media event in Hershey, Pa. to celebrate the iconic brand’s July 7, 2007 anniversary
- Pitch top national morning show producers with unique story ideas to secure anniversary celebration segments
- Establish partnership with NBC’s “Deal or No Deal” for an on-air finale to $100 million promotion
- Generated more than 370 million media impressions
- Media placements included “Today Show,” “Fox & Friends,” NPR, AOL.com, USA Today Weekend, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Boston Globe and many more