Ice Breakers® Ice Cubes® Chewing Gum
Ice Breakers® Ice Cubes® Chewing Gum debuted the brand’s first “big game” commercial in 2008, starring Carmen Electra. To build excitement, JSH&A executed a media relations campaign that generated buzz and built anticipation for the commercial prior to its big game debut. A premiere party hosted by Carmen Electra at the Hershey’s Times Square store in New York gave consumers and media a sneak peek at the new Ice Breakers Ice Cubes commercial. The first 25 fans to arrive received a chance to “make a pass” at Electra during a football toss game with the prize of Ice Breakers Ice Cubes Chewing Gum and a football jersey signed by Electra.
- Leverage Carmen Electra’s celebrity to create a buzz-worthy consumer/media event to drive coverage and anticipation for the big commercial prior to its big-game launch
- Reach the Ice Breakers Ice Cubes target audience of 18- to 24-year-olds through entertainment media coverage offering exclusive behind-the-scenes access to commercial filming, the event and interviews with Carmen Electra
- PR execution generated more than 133.8 million media impressions
- Secured coverage in top entertainment outlets, including “Entertainment Tonight,” “E! News,” People.com, InTouch Weekly, Okmagazine.com and Starmagazine.com
- Secured coverage in top dailies and online news sites, including USA Today, New York Times, New York Post, Chicago Sun-Times, AOL.Sports.com and FOX News