Laphroaig Launches Limited-Edition Expressions, Celebrates Brand Ambassadors
Laphroaig, the number one selling Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky introduced to two unique, new expressions from its award-winning portfolio – Laphroaig Cáirdeas – Ileach Edition and Laphroaig Triple Wood to the United States. To generate awareness and stimulate trial for Cáirdeas and Triple Wood, JSH&A Public Relations launched a national media relations campaign coupled with unique tasting events in key markets to reach brand loyalists and targeted media.
Industry influencers and members of the brand’s loyalists program “Friends of Laphroaig,” were invited to a series of exclusive events across the country. The events which ranged from salmon fishing in Port Edmonds, Washington to kilt walks across the Golden Gate Bridge, provided an opportunity for the brand to increase its footprint among Friends of Laphroaig and single malt Scotch whisky drinkers as well as drive media “chatter.” Master Ambassador, Simon Brooking led Scotch enthusiasts through a tasting of the portfolio of Laphroaig expressions including Cáirdeas and Triple Wood.
A comprehensive media bureau drove awareness of the events and the entire Laphroaig portfolio, resulting in more than 244 million media impressions and more than 1,000 placements.
- Launch an aggressive media relations campaign to build awareness for the U.S. arrival of Laphroaig Cáirdeas – Ileach Edition and Laphroaig Triple Wood
- Create and host interactive events that support and celebrate the camaraderie of the Friends of Laphroaig while touting the rich heritage of the brand
- Create a continuous stream of news through an ongoing media bureau to encourage editors to share the bold, flavorful taste and history of the Laphroaig brand with Scotch enthusiasts across the country
- Secured 244 million media impressions to date
- Media highlights included Esquire, Playboy, Men’s Journal, Robb Report, New York Times Magazine, Time Out New York, The Tasting Panel, Malt Advocate, Wine Enthusiast, The Wall Street Journal blog, Liquor.com, Luxist.com, Chowhound.com, among others