Master Lock Reveals “The Secret Combination to Surviving the Teen Years”
Master Lock challenged JSH&A to think “outside of the box” and deliver a visual, interactive campaign that communicated the appeal and distinct benefits of the new Speed Dial combination lock to both teens and their parents. Applying our LIF™style approach to reach both audiences, JSH&A developed a humorous, online video series and sweepstakes that led viewers on a hunt to answer the question, “what is the secret combination to surviving the teen years?” (Answer: BE YOURSELF.) While strategically highlighting key Speed Dial attributes, video topics commiserated with common teen experiences such as first relationships and being labeled “cool” in the lunchroom. Viewers were invited to piece together clues from each of 10 daily videos to enter daily and grand prize sweepstakes. Videos were distributed on YouTube, Facebook and other viral video sites and were tagged with metadata for enhanced search engine optimization. The viral video campaign was supported by a teen blog panel, social and traditional media outreach and targeted Facebook communications.
- Orchestrate a multi-faceted media and online community-focused campaign that leverages video and key social media platforms to engage teens and influencers to interact with the Master Lock brand and new Speed Dial lock
- Utilize online video and social media sites to position Master Lock as the go-to lock for both safety and social status needs as well as a brand that understands being a teen isn’t always easy
- Coverage of the Speed Dial and overall campaign resulted in 112+ million media impressions, including WIRED.com, The Washington Post, Chicago Sun Times, TimeOut Chicago, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, KidzWorld com, PR Week and 81 blog posts
- Generated more than 67,000 visits to the Master Lock video page, more than 36,000 video views and 13,465 sweepstakes entries in one month
- Increased Master Lock’s Facebook fan page interactions by 95 percent