McDonald’s® Arch Card® “Fashion Original”
JSH&A and McDonald’s USA launched an aggressive national media relations campaign to generate excitement and “buzz” for the Arch Card – a reloadable gift and convenience card – during the critical holiday shopping season. The Arch Card made a stylish statement in New York City as part of McDonald’s “load it. gift it. love it…now wear it” fashion show featuring Kelis. The popular Grammy® nominee modeled the Arch Card “Fashion Original” designed by Jay McCarroll, winner of “Project Runway’s” first season. Created with limited-edition Arch Cards, the “Fashion Original” was later auctioned on eBay® to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities®.
- Leverage celebrity partnerships and popularity of Bravo’s “Project Runway” to gain media attention
- Focus on holiday shopping and gift giving occasions to generate trial of the Arch Card
- The Arch Card program generated more than 240 million media impressions
- Media coverage included The New York Times, New York Post, Houston Chronicle, Chicago Tribune’s RedEye, Star Ledger, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, China Press, International Daily News, CNN Headline News, Chinese Radio Network, WSB-Atlanta, People.com, MTV.com, Elle.com, All Headline News, Rolling Out, AhoraNews.com, YouTube.com and Fashion Wire Daily
- In the U.S., Arch Card contributed to the rise of McDonald’s comparable sales, up 6.9 percent for the month of December 2006